There are two generations of ADempiere: The classic and the OSGI version. For the beginning the FreiBier work is done with the classic ADempiere Version 3.6.1.
Installation of GlobalQSS 3.6.1
- Install ADempiere 361 - Install the ADempiere Runtime Server
- Install ADempiere 361 in Eclipse - only for Java Developers
- Install the German Language Pack
- build and deploy from trunk
Installation of ADempiere/iDempiere OSGI
- Install ADempiere OSGI in Eclipse - Developing with the OSGI Version
First Steps in a fresh Installation
- Backup - Backup of the Database
- Setup a Client - (Mandant anlegen)
- Preferences - set Global Preferences
- Various Setup - things that are still not assigned to an own wikipage
- Data Import - import master data and legacy data from CSV files
- Stammdaten - Which master data has to be configured in which order?
- UserAndRoles - Set up a good System of Users and Roles
Work with the developer testing environment
For a developer that does not want to code Java in the first place and for demo tests there is an Internal Testing Environment.
Entry to FreiBier development
If you want to develop ADempiere in your own Repository look at ADempiereRepository and ADempiereDevelopmentEntry. If you are a bit experienced with ADempiere and PostgreSQL and want to become used to FreiBier Development have a look at FreiBierEntry.