Changes To Application Dictionary
If I do changes to the Application Dictionary (AD) there are procedures to make it "the right way". To follow them eases documentation and migration.
protocol a migration script
If you change something in the AD you have to do it as the system administrator. Before doing this you open from the menu bar the menu "Extras -> Preferences". There you can switch on the checkbox "protocol migration script" ("Protokoll Migrationsskript"). From this point on there will be a SQL script with every change you do to the database.
To activate it you have to go to "Extras -> Preferences" and activate the checkbox "Dictionary Maintenance" ("Verwaltung Dictionary").
You can see the reserved IDs at http://developer.adempiere.com/cgi-bin/showlog?AD_Reference
My Changes in AD
I did the following changes in the AD:
I created an entity type "FreiBier".
Table & Column
Field: Volume: Reference to "Amount"
Field: Weight: Reference to "Amount"
More Informations about Migration Scripts
- www.adempiere.com/Generating_Migration_Scripts automatic generation of Migration Scripts
- http://www.adempiere.com/Migration_Script_Manager - Description of the Migration Script System and application of MS from the Adempiere Client
- http://www.adempiere.com/Centralized_ID_Management - If you need centralized IDs
- https://sourceforge.net/projects/adempiere/forums/forum/610548/topic/4904182 - my Thread in the Adempiere forum asking how to create patches with migration scripts
- http://red1.org/adempiere/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1471 - my Thread in the red1 forum asking how to create patches with migration scripts
As long as I have not understand how to avoid conflicts in the migration script numbering scheme I will collect migration scripts in my own "freibier" project in the "migration" directory.